Why? What is Love?

Flesh and Spirit 
It's hard to get near it 
The skin bag has an impact 
The Spirit is dormant by sin 
Sin lays at the door of your heart 
From the very beginning sin has a headstart 
Born fallen, less, inferior to original 
A people with God's image, likeness 
But not His heart, not His Spirit, not His compassion, not His.

Mercy should be the cry 
To He who sits on high 
Mercy, have mercy, Lord of Life 
I am told without you I can do nothing.
With You, I know nothing of that 
Why would you bother 
Why care I am an animal in my heart 
Not what you made at the start 
Why?

A word you'll have to learn 
A word I can't define for you 
But I can show you at the cross 
With my empty tomb, I'll make room for you 
In my house 
Follow the steps I take.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amen

Life